Tuesday, May 27, 2008

COLLABORA-BATION

WOW, long time no update. Things have been rather hectic with non-art related projects so I apologize to my two readers for my MIA. That being said, not being able to work on projects that you truly want to work on really drains your creative mind. So when you get a chance to work on something, it really feels refreshing.

THE current project that I've been spending a healthy amount of time on is a collaboration with my neighbor MATT GRANT on some CD packaging artwork for COLD BEAR SCOUT's debut album "Say Hello to the Moon and the Sun". COLD BEAR SCOUT features Steve Colbert, who is a radical person outside of his horrible love for Kobe Bryant, on a majority of instruments. Please check it out, as it's worth your time.


ABOVE you'll see Matt's conception drawings for the front cover. I believe Matt sketched with pencil and outlined with sharpie. The thickness of the lines, contrasted with the multiple "thorns" shows just how much time went into each panel. Once more work is done to the album, I'll update the post. But for now, you can see the original drawing the conception for the full color front cover.


THE idea around the color pallet features a blue soft edge to cause softness to what I've dubbed "cloud puffs". The inner "antlers" features a brown-ish glow to add depth to the edges of the piece. The "thorns" feature a collection of colors found in a bag of Skittles. The entire piece lays on a off-white background to break up the solid white areas.

ALSO below feature two of my fav. people in the entire world. Enjoy!

No comments: