Thursday, May 29, 2008

HUNTING THE SASQUATCH

MY good friend & co-worker Jimothy Conway turned 49 today, and in honor of his birthday I created a envelope in his honor. Why an envelope? Every year for your birthday, the golden condor makes an envelope showing off something of interest in that's persons life. This year, condor made me an excellent "dark knight" theme that really knocked my socks off.


FOR conway's birthday I sketched up a Sasquatch character in full basketball gear. Mr. Conway seems to believe in his glory days he had a vertical of just over 2". I've seen the photo a million times, a young, leaner & meaner version soaring over another player to rip down a rebound. So in honor of his basketball roots, I felt it was appropriate. Below you will find various rounds of sketches and conception for the envelope.




Happy birthday my friend. 49 years young and still having fun.

No comments: