Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG GOES THE TROLLEY

SO as I said I was in San Diego for Comic Con 08. I was only there for the Friday activities, but what a great time! I didn't get a chance to really sit in for any of the lectures or Q&A sessions, but I had just as much fun walking around and meeting new people. It is really incredible how many extremely talented illustrators, designers, painters etc etc there are in this world. I'll eventually put up some of the pics from the convention, but until then I thought I'd post some shots from the 2nd leg of the vacation.

THE following images were taken from various locations on and around Alcatraz. Alcatraz has a very weird estetic about it that I've long wanted to see. Maybe its the desperation or the madness of some of the more notorious criminals that had done time there. Whatever it is, Alcatraz is something you really have to check out to get a great feel for it. Putting yourself in the shoes of a criminal only 1.5 miles from one of the most beautiful areas to live, but knowing you might never see it as a free man would drive any person crazy.











OF course going to see the Golden Gate Bridge was second on the list of things one must do in San Fran. While we went on a cold and windy day, it was still a beautiful site. The incredible dedication it would take to design/engineer something of this size and mass is truly incredible. I'm a bit afraid of heights, so I didn't get to close to the rail of the bridge. Needless to say, the wind was so strong that at times of taking photos I would be pushed or brushed a few inches causing blurry shots. The fog rolled in perfectly, adding to the mystic of the Bridge.









IN the next couple of weeks, I'll be updating this with and more photos and even some new artwork! promise. Shout out to my friend Casey Hunt! Good to see you at the Con buddy, hope it happens again soon. xo

No comments: