Tuesday, July 22, 2008

READY? STEADY! GO!

WHEN I was still cranking out freelance at a rapid rate, I produced this poster for my former client FLEISHMAN HILLARD. Their client (AT&T) had asked FH to come up with a concept for downtown Dallas's biggest New Year's parade at is somewhat a tradition. Having no idea about Houston (I've never visited), I had to do some research to what makes downtown Dallas different then say...downtown Austin. A few buildings stand out in the Dallas skyline, from the Reunion tower to the Comerica building.


THE next big step was to come up with a design that allowed for some creative flow while maintaining AT&T's branding. The logo at the head of the layout was created by another agency, which I had no interaction with. All elements in the layout outside of the logo was created by hand in illustrator. My liberties with the Reunion tower raised a few eyebrows with the city of Dallas, but in the end they decided to party and not be party poopers. Good job Dallas!

I'M off to COMIC CON 08, expect some pics when I get back!

No comments: