Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HEY STICKS AND STONES!

IT's always great when a few friends of yours decide to dust off the equipment and start making music again. In the summer of 03' I started working with a band that I felt (and I still do) has some of the most creative song writting and musicians in the St. Louis area. Sine Nomine crossed over so many different elements of music and never defined themselves as a "metal", "hardcore", etc etc act. They just created music and let people decide what they wanted to label them. Near the end of 06' the band decided to split ways, and I feel like a giant void was created that never was filled...



UNTIL now! The dudes in SINE NOMINE have once again decided it was the right time to regroup as a 3 piece and start to make some new tunes. On July 25, 2008 if your in St. Louis you can catch their reunion show at club FUBAR (which is a nice new venue opened by For the Last Time Bob of Woe). To mark this special occasion I was asked to make a new tee shirt, which I was very excited to do. Mike's original concept was to try to use a mask or something along those lines.


A few ideas that had been rattling around in my brain was incorporating my fear/hatred for squids and the pure epic quality of Poseidon. After a few sketches the concept of a tentacle engulfing Poseidon's face with only his watchful eye showing that no matter how bleak a situation seems, you can never count out the god of the sea. I felt that there was no chance this reunion would happen, but can not explain how truely excited I am that it's happening. I just wish it was happeneing while I was in town...

No comments: