Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: JIM CONWAY

JIM Conway is a friend/co-worker that I've really come to idolize and respect as both a person and artist. The first few things I learned about Jim included playing softball with the Beastie Boys in NYC, cleaning a blender for an entire 8 hour work shift & (of course) his glory days as a vertically challenged power forward for his beloved highschool, the Mercy Bulldogs.


ABOUT 5 months ago I decided to bring in my MONSTER BOOK (blog coming soon) project to get some feedback from my co-workers. As part of the concept for the book I have several "guest artist" (mostly friends) that will draw a random page. When I showed Jim the book he asked if he could do a sketch. Since I had never seen any of his artwork, I was a little skeptical. Little did I know that Jim was one of the best illustrators I've ever met.



ANOTHER project that Jim does for each of the production/design team is a birthday envelope with whatever interests a person has and a matching stamp. For my envelope Jim created a wonderful Dark Knight super hero sketch that is truely awesome. I've asked Jim to find me more of his work and I'll update when he delivers.

No comments: