Monday, November 19, 2007

I'M SICK OF THESE MOTHERF#çKIN' SNAKES

EVERY monday night for the past two years I've gone up to Saratoga Lanes for league nights. While the people who go are some of the best people I've met in my life, it's still great to crush my foes with my 140 average (140 is probably being charitable). Last year we (my old team) faced a rather interesting situation. We had a show down with our arch rivals, the Handsome Brothers (who are not handsome OR brothers), who basically are an all-star team. Luckily the big showdown wasn't until after Christmas break so we had plenty of time to recover and prepare. After seeing the Handsome Brothers frolic around with there cute little powder blue bowling shirts, I decided enough was enough! I went to work on creating a uniform design for the SNAKES ON THE MOTHERF#CKIN' LANE.


THE original concept, obviously, was taken from the, what i can only assume will be cult classic, Snakes of a Plane. In the movie (for those smart enough not to have waisted the $7 to not see it) a bunch of snakes get loose on a plane and Samuel L. Jakcson is the only man who is brave enough to save them. Taking the movie poster logo I started sketching out some ideas. The original draft (above) seemed to lack some life and aggresion that we snakes showed every monday evening.


WHEN I went back and tweeked the image I kept in mind that the snake should probably be bowling a hook into a perfect strike with exploding pins. The end result came out looking a lot better then I had originaly expected. Needless to say, when we showed up with matching uniforms, the (not so) Handsome Brothers knew they had met their match (plus a 200 pin handicap) as we took 6 of 7 points. Also, Thanks again to the wonderul Dan Z for helping me screen not only the shirts but the matching bowling towels (uh huh thats right!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm also on a bowling team that goes by the name Snakes on a Lane. My teammate was looking for logos for shirts and found yours. I was wondering if it was alright with you if we could use your logo for our team shirts. We'd just change the name to just Snakes on A Lane.

Jim said...

What would it take to get permission to use the logo that you created to place on the back of some bowling shirts?