Thursday, November 1, 2007

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: THE SMALL STAKES

JASON Munn is a midwestern boy who now lives in Oakland, CA and also the main man behind The Small Stakes. The Small Stakes started out as an extracurricular itch and love for contemporary music in 2003. By meeting the growing demands of his talent and expertise, Munn rode the transition wave from doing something for the love of doing something to it being his source of full time employment. The Small Stakes has unfolded into an independent design studio consistently churning out award winning design work.


LAST October I fueled up my beat up somewhat black (some say purple) Saturn and drove down to Indiana to see Mark Kozelek. I told myself, on the drive, that I would get some kind of merchandise to remember this trip. When I walked up to the merch booth for Mark, I was struck by these beautiful hand crafted silkscreen posters. Jason Munn Instantly became one of my favorite modern designers. His simplistic and amazingly creative eye has inspired me not only in a creative way but as a goal to do something you love for a living.

No comments: